Humakt and <ahem> that other cult.

From: Alex Ferguson <alex_at_dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 95 23:05:02 GMT

MOB declaims:
> SOLDIERS OF THE RED MOON *will* have the definitive YT write-up. I think
> everyone would be profoundly disappointed if YT turned out to be just
> another Humakt with curvy swords and ressurect.

Perhaps to offer a smaller Red rag, we should say _a_ definitive YT write-up. In addition to the Steel Swords, and other Heartland varients, the reported instances of barbarians "switching blades" (yes, I'm MOBising MOB, here... ;-) illustrates to me that it does indeed have a (somewhat) pleb-friendly arm on the frontiers.

An interesting aspect of this subcult is doubtless concerned, as well as mundane weapon familiarisation, with How to Ignore, Tranfer, or Creatively Reinterpret your gifts and geasa. I'm not yet sure exactly how, but I think they can accomplish this to some extent, doubtless related to, and a step towards Illumination. The geasa aren't much of a problem, granted, since one could cynically just break them all and never use an Orlanthi-style sword again, but I reckon there's some sort of Gift Incentive Scheme, otherwise only no-hopers would ever defect.

Alex.