Kralorela again.

From: Peter Metcalfe, CAPE Canty <CHEN190_at_cantva.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 14:10:06 +1300

Sandy:

Alex wrote:

>>I'd be surprised if these [Second Age] Nysalor cults were entirely
>>devoid of Illuminants

Sandy replies:

> Well, you're probably right. I'm sure there were illuminants
>in most of these cults. But I betcha there was at least one important
>Nysalor cult without any illuminants at all.

Only One? Considering the mobs that claim inspiration from Nysalor, I betcha there were hundreds of the bastard cults that didn't have a scrap of illumination...

>Peter Metcalfe perceptively spots the ancestral source of Shang-Hsa
>Chi'in Huang-Ti. He also enacted a book burning program
> I don't think we should carry the parallelism between
>Shang-Hsa and Huang-Ti too far.

True. I'm not going to have Shang-Hsa building the Great Wall of Kralorela amongst other things.

>Everything Sandy knows about ...
>SHANG-HSA MAY-HIS-NAME-BE-CURSED
[excellent story on Shang-Hsa mhnbc]

> I do not know who came before Shang-Hsa. There may well have
>been a number of emperors between Vayobi and Shang-Hsa.

> I don't know who Shang Hsa's replacement was. I do NOT think
>it was Yanoor.

but..but..wasn't one of the questions at the Lore auction was whether the Emperor List was complete and the answer was Yes? Oh well, perhaps it was one of Shang-Hsa's (mhnbc) 'revised' histories.

> I believe that Godunya's exceedingly long reign is dissimilar
>to previous emperors, and that typical imperial reigns in the First
>and Second Age were no more than a century or two at the most. This
>may be a sign that the nature of the Empire has utterly changed,
>and/or it may be because the Empire needs more effort from this
>emperor to recover from the ravages of the False Dragon Ring.

Godunya looks like he was enslaved by the God Learners for his magic. Perhaps this has damaged him somewhat (ie takes longer to pass on). After all the Dragon's Awakening Shudder was the result of his casting off the 'anthromorphic shackles' of the New Dragons Ring. (An interesting theory about the Shudder. Note the following sequence of disasters: Luatha sink Seshnela 1049 ST, Slontos and Jrustela sunk 1050 ST, Shudder 1051 ST. I'll stay clear of the Luatha thank you very much!)