Philosophy

From: Charlie Domino <cdomino_at_ICSI.Net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 23:17:15 -0600 (CST)

Regarding Chaos Taints, I have previously played that they can NOT be removed. In newer campaigns, I am inclined to be more generous, but it would take much pennance, some luck, a quest, and the patronage of an understanding and powerful deity. Even then it would have to have been a taint gained involuntarily. WILLINGLY taking on such a taint, well, curing that problem is what Storm Bulls is for....

As to time, though it wasn't the direct question, I have a slightly different slant on it's absence during myth. Things didn't 'happen simultaneously' because there was no time. Cause and effect even existed, though on rare occasions they did get reversed. The problem was, without Time to regulate things, you couldn't quantify anything, nor regulate it. Imposing Time limited the Gods, for now everything had a mesure and a value, and the deities could no longer impose their wills freely on the world.

  "What are we going to do tonight, Brain?" "The same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try and take over the world"

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #155