Humakti Dying/DIing

From: ian (i.) gorlick <"ian>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 1995 12:12:00 -0500

Hello, Alison here.
	A quick posting until sometime next week (Ian is off to California tomorrow).
	Something that I wondered about when I first read about the Humakti that DIed
instead of died. How is it that he could join another cult? I would have thought that it was not possible for people to join any other cult once they joined Humakt. It doesn't seem to fit.

        Also, I made a comment about not dying uselessly, which Sandy said may be an attitude that Humakti do not share. Perhaps just getting away is the wrong thing to do, but as I pointed out, there are positive things that this character could accomplish by doing so. Now, he also might have done it because he was suddenly too afraid to die, and for that I think that his comrades and Humakt would fault him greatly. I don't know whether it would be a point of honour in that culture or not.