Seven Mothers

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 1995 18:53:44 -0600

        I am having a few conceptual difficulties with the Seven Mothers Cult, and would like a little input. I am spelling out a few ideas here; who likes what, and why?

        Cults of Prax's Lunar write-up lists sub-cults to each of the Seven Mothers. What is the relationship between these sub-cults, and the 'real' cults of Deezola, Tarnils, et al?

Suggestion #1)

        These sub-cults don't exist per se, it's just that a some of the 7M have developed in directions that approach the individual cults of Deezola, et al. They are happy to teach what they can to anyone who is interested, and will recommend 'disciples' to the full cult if worthy.

Suggestion #2)

        These are mutual cults; joint sub-cults between the 7M and the divers individual cults. The 7M do most of the work maintaining the sub-cults and get most of the benefits, but the individual cults do have input. And in extraordinary circumstances, the services of the sub-cult are 'yanked' from the 7M to the individual cult. Like the joint YT sub-cult being placed at the call of the full cult in a time of war....

Suggestion #3)

        The Cult of the Seven Mothers is actually a supra-cult (super-set), composed of portions of the seven full cults for special Imperial Bordertype  duties. Again, qualified members would be able to move into the 'full' cults fairly easily.

Andrew Joelson				joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com
AKA Rupert von Harl, priest of Yanafal Tar'nils, follower of Humakt "Contradiction? No, I always did tend to kill chaos creatures anyway."