Psychopomps

From: via RadioMail <David>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 1995 00:20:00 -0800

Wondering about psychopomps (guides for the dead), Sandy asked
> ELVES: dunno. Suggestions?

Maybe Mee Vorala: she "recycle[s] the necessary elements of life through the world." Given her image among trolls is a leg, this also reinforces the idea that she can lead souls to their proper recycling.

(Sounds like the way we in Seattle put bottles and paper into different recycling bins!)

> LUNAR CULTISTS: Probably one of the Seven Mothers otherwise
>-- Danfive Xaron makes sense, but the Lunars may have no fast and
>hard rule, since they don't emphasize an afterlife much anyway.

This bothers me, since he's a pretty unpleasant deity to have to face when you die; Etyries might be better (as Issaries analog), but I suspect there's a deity we don't know about (until Greg releases his Lunar book), or else they use one deities of one of the underlying Solar cultures. For example, in Heroes I.4 is the picture of Jajagapa, a "borrowed/adopted [by the Lunars] deity from the Dara Happan pantheon, and is the armed psychopompous of the underworld."