Various subjects actually

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 95 12:21:40 +0100

Paul Pofandt:

>Has anyone had any sucess using a product like Vista-Pro to produce
>graphical renderings of local landscapes.
>I seem to recall that about a year ago, someone uploaded a series of
>images to the Berkley FTP site. Can anyone give me some assistance?

I couldn't find the files at the FTP sites but I have copies of them at home. They were done by Antti Heiskanen, a finnish high school student. He used VistaPRO on an Amiga, but there is also a DOS version. Antti said that it's easy to use with the predefined terrains included with the program, but creating your own landscape is harder.

There is also a terrain rendering program for the Mac. Either the program or the company that makes it is called Bryce or something like that (it's a vague memory from browsing a Mac magazine two months ago).

Teshnos:

I like Ralf's explanation of the lethargy. I will definitely use it. In my view of Teshnos Zitro Argon isn't the ruler cult, but the cult of the evening caste, which is for old people and holy men. I use Somash as the ruler cult of the noon caste.

Kralorelan confusion:

Nick:
>BTW, is anyone thinking of organising a [Kralorela] Pack from all
>the odds and sods that have been developed?

Sandy:
> Nils and I have toyed with the idea. right now we're hot on
>the East Isles instead, though.

Peter:
>I am working on some Kralori stuff with Nils at the moment.

Sandy again:
> Holy shit! Apparently I'm being two-timed. Peter, it looks
>like you and me are two-thirds of the Eternal Triangle. I wonder
>whose favors Nils will finally succumb to.

Now look here! Since I don't want any more slander on my character I feel compelled to state that I am not doing a serious Kralorela project with either of you at the moment. I do plead guilty to discussing some ideas for mystic magic with both of you, and some history stuff with Peter. So, to dispell any doubts I publicly claim to be perfectly willing, happy and honoured to discuss Kralorela with both Sandy and Peter and anyone else who is interested for that matter.

Oh, and the East Isles project has priority. Anyone for the Kralorela project in {insert fitting number} years from now?

Kralorelan history:

Me:
>As for poisoning I think the subordinates often poison each other,
>but not the emperor himself. That would be to kill the empire.

Sandy:
>Why should Kralori be any less short-sighted than anyone else?

They shouldn't, but the empire hasn't died has it? I still think you may kill an exarch or two by foul means, and perhaps intrigue to make the emperor decide to leave the mundane world earlier than planned, but not outright poison the emperor.

Sandy goes on to discerningly spot the fact that I shoot holes in my own arguments.

Me:
>All in all you have made me doubt. I'm still not convinced that
>there were any more emperors than Yanoor and Godunya after the dawn,
>but I'm wavering.

Sandy:
>You didn't like my Shang Hsa description? The First Age
>Emperor whose Third Eye was opened at the Sunstop?

Ahem, well I did like the Shang Hsa stuff a lot, so let's say 'any more emperors than Shang Hsa, Yanoor and Godunya after the dawn'.

Actually, Peter also puts in a couple of guys there, so I guess I will soon have to retreat from my position.

Nick whining:
>At least someone appreciates what I'm doing (sniff, moan, whinge,
>complain, snivel).

>This deafening silence is getting me down

For what it's worth I think your essays are very interesting and do a lot to flesh out the nebulous west, but since I am thoroughly rooted at the other end of Glorantha I don't feel qualified to comment (neither do I have the time to immerse in this stuff). But do keep it coming. I guess that a lot of people on the list archive that kind of stuff to use it when the need arises.

/Nils W

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #163