Malkioni Metaphysics

From: Peter Metcalfe, CAPE Canty <CHEN190_at_cantva.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 16:53:15 +1300

Paul Reilly:

Paul wrote:

>>> I think that Malkion's reasoning was based on the (quite apparent)
>>>Law of Inverse Correlation of Power and Freedom that seems to hold in
>>>Glorantha.

>>Before the Cosmic Compromise?

> Yes. It's quite clear that this Law held long before the Compromise.
>See GRaY for a recent source or Cults of Terror intro for an old source.

If you mean 'freedom' as 'a freedom to change things in the mundane world' then a such correlation can be argued. I'm a wee bit leary of Malkion extrapolating  this theorem to prove the existance of the Creator _because_ it's a bit like too much like Thomas Aquinas arguing that one of the three things God cannot do was create a triangle with a combined interior angle of more than 180 degrees (You can do such a thing with non-euclidean geometry which poor tom didn't know about).