GLORANTHA DIGEST

From: guy.hoyle_at_chrysalis.org
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 95 00:50:06

A few days ago, Argrath (hiding out in Pavis disguised as Martin Crim) replied to my now-legendary posting on Childbirth Magic:

  "Let me
suggest that spells like Enjoy Pregnancy resemble one of Dr. McCoy's shots on Star Trek more than the kind of drum-tapping, yarrow-stalk-throwing, night-dancing fun weirdness I want in Glorantha. One man's opinion."

And mine as well; I was merely pointing out that the plethora of war magic had crowded out some of the more fun, atmospheric types of magic likely to be found in a magic-rich environment such as Glorantha. After all, Birth is the first great Event in a person's life; why should magic be excluded from it when other great events (such as battle, the hunt, etc.) have so much available to them?

BTW, Martin, best wishes with the impending Great Event! May the Three Sisters weave a bright future for your child and your family. And be glad that they don't use the Couvade spell in the real world...

     I'll let you know my feelings about birth ceremonies once I've been through one. A week or three at most... - ---
þ CMPQwk #1.4þ UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY