Religious tolerance

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 10:57:12 +0800

>It's those people with the closest beliefs that hate each other
>the most.

said Martin, which reminds me of

>Andrew Joelson joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com
>AKA Rupert von Harl, priest of Yanafal Tar'nils, follower of Humakt
>"Contradiction? No, I always did tend to kill chaos creatures anyway."

which, presuming that you are somewhere near Sartar, makes about as much sense to me as wandering round Northern Ireland saying "Hey, I'm a Catholic AND a
protestant. No contradiction, I never took the Pope very seriously anyway."

        Ie the beliefs are similar enough that people might consider you a harmless eccentric if they were pretty liberal themselves. But when there are fanatics around (like most of Glorantha) you might as well just paint a target on, and change your name to 'Vile Heretic'.

        Cheers
                Dave