Re:Birth & Aenesthisia

From: GAWINTER_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 12:30:19 -0500

An expectant Martin Crim says about anesthesia for birthing:
> In the U.S., a sea change has occurred in the last 20 years or so.

True, I am in a similar position as we are due to have our first child soon, but the hospital stats are that despite the massive participation in natural childbirth classes and the general feeling that the pain is part of the joy, 85% of women prefer the epedural to the "joy".

Ditto in RQ, I cannot see why Ernalda Priesteses would not heroquest for the tools to save childrens lives, or to ease the pain of a birthing. I guess I never thought about heroic women who do not chase after the male goals. I.e I can easily see a Vingan HeroQuestor, she wants a stronger sword or the ability to fly, whatever. But Glorantha must have room for the other women who create ceremonies and go on heroquests to gain things that really matter.