A quote

From: Scott Haney <scotty_at_olivia.cedar-rapids.ia.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 95 14:31:02 CST

Yesterday, a manager in my work area had this quote posted on his door. I do not know if it is original with him (probably not), but he did not attribute it, so I shall just attribute it to him. I like the quote, and it seems to me to touch on the heart of heroquesting.

===

Very few people really seek knowledge in this world. Few rally ask. On the contrary, they try to wring from the unknown the answers they have already shaped in their own minds--justifications, confirmations, forms of consolidation without which they can't go on.

To really ask is to open the door to the whirlwind. The answers may annihilate the question or the questioner.

        H E Adams
===

Scott