Keets

From: Mike Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 23:27:47 GMT

Thanks to those who answered about Keets. The sacrifice of the power of flight makes sense and we can assume that the Western members of the species were cut off from the Divine message on this and turned to worshipping other gods in the Darkness. (They would have found Humakt especially appealing, given his trustworthiness (unlike Mother Duck who forsook them) and his martial abilities. Hence the Death Drakes.

I think I can tie this in with my own idea about the withdrawal of Mother Duck being because she took on a greater role as part of the compensation for her people's sacrifice. It has always struck me as odd that there is no god of dreams on Glorantha. I think perhaps that Mother Duck guards the barrier between reality and unreality as the world sleeps.

Why her? Why not?