Faith

From: Nick Brooke <100270.337_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 21 Feb 95 20:02:46 EST

Look, Ma: no quotes!

In support of Mike Cule, I'd add that my Malkioni think Faith is highly important: it allows you to make the leap to acceptance of the divinity which the utterly-Logical Brithini have never achieved. Logic can only take you so far...

In HtWwO we had one Hrestoli Cardinal who had absolutely *hated* his time in the Army (being picked on by bigger & stronger soldiers) and wanted to develop something very similar to the variant on Hrestoli Idealism that you proposed. I'll dig his opinions up some day.

I agree almost completely with Sandy's defence of Councils in #166. His three-part division of Malkioni sects is practically identical to mine; I'd consider Brithini, Waertagi and Vadeli to be parallel cases within category 1, and probably have the Syanorans/Arrolians/Janubians lurching out of God Learnerism and into Stygian/Talorian polytheism; after all, look at what they worship along the Janube and in Jonatela nowadays...

And I loved the doomsaying albatross-keet.

Alex is on the same track as me with "Invisible History" in #168. Maybe he's earned those starmaps I promised way back when, before my Visual Basic program (VB itself, fortunately: not the map generator) corrupted itself around Christmas-time preventing further development work...

Dara Happa is, unfortunately, a rice monoculture. I did try to change this, but Greg was fixated on the idea.

Nick