Re: Sandy's Grain

From: CryptoMatt_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 21:31:53 -0500

Alex quotes Sandy on Orlanthi diet...
>> Other: fruit, beans, cabbage
>> Farmers with good land own a cow or two, thus getting milk
>> and cheese as well, plus when the cow dies, some beef.
>> Farmers with less-good land own goats instead.

>Nope, mythicly impure. Sheep, though.

Well, I'm glad to find another person who shares my opinion on this. I've done some research into this, and all the real world rocky hill top shepherds that I've interviewed favor goats over sheep. However, the mythic ties between of goats and broo seem to be fairly strong. This leads me to my next question...

In Glorantha, when does mythic purity (or lack thereof) overrule real world truths?

The obvious answer to this is that it is my version of Glorantha, and I can throw real world truths to the wind as soon and as often as it pleases me. But I'd like to hear the thoughts of some of the "Gloranthan Experts."

Thanks,