Re: Malkioni

From: Paul Reilly <paul_at_phyast.pitt.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 15:35:55 +0500

Paul Reilly here. Joerg wrote, quoting me:

>> Note that when ALL the laws of the Universe are breaking down, so does
>> this one. Thus the IG is free to act at certain times:

>> 1. At the moment of Creation. [...]
>> 2. At the "low point" when the Universe is due to "come apart" and dissolve.
>> This is the 'time' of Malkion's Revelation: [...]
>> 3. When the Universe is "Rebooted" (The Dawn) [...]
>> This of course correlates to Hrestol's revelation.

>I don't contest any of these, but you left out the fourth time - at the
>Sunstop. The revelation/birth of Arkat?

  Quite right. I've been mostly thinging about FIRST AGE Malkionism lately. Note that not all sects would agree with this one, though. Your Aeolians surely would, and the Stygians, maybe the Loskalmi Hrestoli; probably not the Rokari.

  Oh, and about the Rokari:

>Pagan? You're not serious. They are almost as atheist as the accursed
>Vadeli with their iconoclasm and persecution of Saint worship. Bloody

  Yes. The priesthood preaches a boring and sterile religion, and in the spiritual vacuum that is left, the people turn to the evil ways of the pagans, suffering witches to live and all that. (As the Rokari Knight said to his son: "...we go to the Wizard Marlet to heal our injuries, and to the old women in the village to heal our sicknesses).

  People will seek out spiritual nourishment, and if the true Food of Spiritual Life is not available, they will seek the poisoned comfort of paganism.

  (Of course I once again am dropping into character as it were :-)