Pelorian land goddesses

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 95 13:41:00 PST

Harald writes on HonEel as land goddess:

  Though there has been much speculation about whether HonEel is a Grain   Goddess or not, my feeling is that she much more likely to be a   reincarnation of a (or several) Pelorian land goddesses.

I've been wondering that myself. Who do Pelorian peasant women worship?  Hon-Eel makes sense, but what about _before_ Hon-Eel? Whatever happened to Naveria, and the Five Mothers, and Jernotia, etc?   GroY and Fortunate Succession rarely mention them, being _slightly_ male-oriented. FS did name Dendara, Naveria, Oslira, and Ourania as the only females on the list of acceptable Dara Happan deities. (Prior to Yelmgatha).
  And what about Dara Happan women? Dendara is _Yelm's_ wife, so it doesn't make much sense that peasant women would worship her. Who was Lodril's wife? ( I vote for any local earth goddess. Ol' Stick Man never seemed very particular!)

Pam