The Crimson Greg

From: an204796_at_anon.penet.fi
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 22:37:48 UTC

From the RuneQuest Rules Discussion on Feb 09 1995:

> Oddly enough, one of the barriers to using the Runes in Gloranthan
> sorcery is probably Greg. While he was originally came up with this idea,
> he has now changed his mind. So don't expect overwhelming enthusianm for
> runic sorcery systems. But Greg can be convinced.

        It just occurred to me that Greg Stafford is the Crimson Bat of the RuneQuest community. Sandy Petersen, Steve Perrin and others have the skill Greg Mastery and keep him in line. But accidents do happen, and occasionally Greg goes out of control and creates Chaos Features (such as Elmal) or ravages parts of the Empire (invalidating months of playtesting efforts).

        Just as the Red Emperor is hostage to the clique of the Crimson Bat cult hierarchy to minimize havoc, Avalon Hill must cater to the Chaosium cabal to prevent Greg from running amok.