Humakti again

From: Aden Steinke <Aden_Steinke_at_uow.edu.au>
Date: 23 Feb 1995 11:13:51 +1100

Hi All;

On the vexed topic of cowardly Humakti using another God to DI himself out of danger after Humakt had rejected a call for aid (and when another Humakti successfully DI'ed earlier in the combat Humakt had merely thrown truesword/shield/heal body on him to give an even chance in the battle) Rich (rstaats_at_mail.lmi.org) offered -

> From Humakt's perspective, the initiate has the potential to
> destroy **many more** undead over the course of a lifetime than he
> will in his last few moments of glory.

Probably not - the Humakti player who started this thread did in some dozens of undead - a whole career worth for most Humakti who may only meet a few undead in their lifetime.

> This is along the same lines
> as the guidance in RQ III GoG that Stormbulls should not feel
> compelled to fight a Chaos menace alone when they are obviously
> outclassed. There is some evidence that Humakt would tend to be more
> sophisticated than the Storm Bull. :-) So, if it is OK for a Storm
> Bull initiate to momentarily ignore a Chaos menace for the greater
> good than it certainly seems reasonable that a Humakt follower could
> do the same.

I agree, to a point, as Humakti are much more like soldiers than Stormbulls are (though not as much so as YT or Yelmalio worshippers IMHO) but in a case where heroics may actually win the day against the forces of the undead I think Humakti should stand (forlorn hope is for fanatics only - not for soldiers, but abject flight is for neither).

Aden