psychopomps

From: Harald Smith (617) 724-9843 <"Harald>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 1995 16:15:00 -0500 (EST)

  What I think might work well is the following:   Yelm is the psychopomp that all good Dara Happans follow to the   Underworld and if you die right at or before dusk, that is a good omen   (and a sign of a good life).

  For those who die at night, the Lightfore planet (Kargzant or whatever   other local name it may go by) is the psychopomp and he leads all to the   court of Yelm. (Though Alkothi might argue for Shargash/Tolat as the   guide--especially those who die in battle while the planet is visible).   Those from Yuthuppa may think that just before Dawn is the best time to   go (or else they base the best time on their star charts).

  I think the worst time to die might actually be at Dawn. Yelm is just   rising and won't get to the dusk gates for awhile. Lightfore has just   set, so you can't use him. Obviously, you couldn't stand the new light   of Yelm, so you are bad. Yelm therefore sends a hell demon such as   Jajagapa to drag your soul to the place of judgment.

  Harald