Solar Virtues; Arachne Solara

From: via RadioMail <David>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 00:18:41 -0800

Pam Carlson says
>A virtuous Solar (Yelmite,
>Dendaran, Yu-kargzant worshipper, Yelmalian - you name it)- is valorous,
>chaste (pure), honest, just, and generous.

Well, not as I see it. Remember, Yu-kargzant isn't really even part of the same pantheon (Plentonius claiming that Kargzant is Yelm's subject seems as much a way to justify Dara Happa having been ruled by several tribes of horse people as anything). Heck, Kargzant isn't even on the Gods Wall (according to Plentonius at least).

The virtues in my campaign:
Dendara: Chaste, Forgiving, Generous, Merciful, Modest Yelm: Chaste, Generous, Honest, Just, Valorous Yelmalio: Chaste, Honest, Valorous, Temperate, Energetic Yu-kargzant: Indulgent, Generous, Honest, Just, Valorous

Dendara of course has no need to be valorous. If I were using a system where religions had other than 5 virtues, Yelm would be Temperate as well. I recently changed Yu-kargzant's virtues slightly thanks to Martin Hawley, who reminded me of nomads and their love of drink.

>Note that these
>are almost identical to that other ruler god - Orlanth. Swap Proud for
>Chaste

Yes, ruler gods do have similar virtues. Orlanth: Energetic, Generous, Just, Proud, Valorous

Jens Haeusser wrote

>One character in my latest Gloranthan campaign has expressed a marked
>interest in playing an Arachne Solaran Priestess

Arachne Solara is virtually unworshipable (in terms of cult and benefits) - -- she is invisible even to the gods. I've seen Greg's notes for a rite in Beast Valley, but I think he's since decided that she is unknowable.

Of course, you can worship her all you want, you just won't get anything in return.