Things to eat. Other than Sandy.

From: Alex Ferguson <alex_at_dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 95 10:50:06 GMT

Sandy says That:
> That said, for some time I've been considering letting both the
> Hrestoli and the Rokari know both Suppress Paganism and Suppress
> Priestcraft. Cts?

If it gets rid of Stupefy, Sandy, anything! In a spirit of compromise, perhaps each gets the designated spell as standard(ish) issue, while they have to join some obscure Saintly cult to get the other.

I get Sandy's goat:
[Do Sartarite Farmers with "less-good land" own goats?] Me:
> >>Nope, mythicly impure.

> I think all you guys are reading too much into this
> "mythically impure" crapola.

Consider the following Official Sentence, of which one S. Petersen is the legal co-author:

"Goats are considered unclean, and never eaten, nor rarely tolerated."

Now, even if that means Orlanthi-never, you must confess that this means for 6/7ths of Orlanthi communities, no scoffing billy-goat-gruff, and even keeping them for milk sounds very much like a minority sport.

Now clearly there are some goats in Sartar, but I suggest that almost all of them are either wild, or are herded by Shockingly Impure Non-  types. (Like the Apple Lane 3EB family.)

> > [Kralori Staple: rice
> > Other: that's it, really. Just rice.
> >>Presumably some pulses and root vegetables, also, otherwise
> >>amino-acid shortages would be an acute danger.

> Come on guys, can't there be _one_ place in all Glorantha
> where amino-acid shortages occur?

Not on an endemic basis, otherwise everybody gets to be dead. If you're saying that in parts of Kralorela, other nutrition is in short supply, and available only on a pretty ad hoc and unreliable basis, fairy 'nuff. Crop failure will lead to similar things elsewhere. Of course, the people who creatively ignore both the Bless Crops description and the availability of Rune Magic and say that every single inch of arable in Genertela has Bless Crops cast on it, will protest that crop failure can never happen, but happily I never believed that theory.

> My personal favorite vegetarian of all time was the (real
> world) guy who told me bare-faced, "I consider pepperoni to be a
> vegetable."

I can't top that, but I can also top pizza with my nominee: a vegetarian friend of mine once asserted that anchovies were vegetables. This was, however, clearly the result of Bufuddlement, rather than Revisionism.

Sandy explains that he's a minority of a minority of a minority. Of a minority of a minority of a minority?

So, are there enough of you non-vile-heretics to field a football teams? ;-) (You get to nominate the Code.)

Alex.