Imperium Lunarum.

From: Alex Ferguson <alex_at_dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 95 11:35:37 GMT

MOB enthuses over Republic of Rome, and adds:
> Late one night, with the republic falling around us, someone came up with
> the idea that you could re-write Republic of Rome as the Dara Happan or
> Lunar senate. It'd be good!

I thought about this semi-seriously at one point, Eurmal help me. One problem is that to represent the Lunar Empire, even in peacetime, never mind during any of the major wars, you'd need something combining aspects of RoR with bits of Imperium Romanum. The empire is wide-spread enough that its powerbases aren't very localised. Furthermore, you have lots of different populations to keep happy, or at least non-revolting. I foresee a Provincial Orlanthi Fundamentalism Track and a Raibanth Yelmic Backlash Indicator, for starters. And a per-province Creeping Lunarisation record, _naturally_. A mechanic to simulate the Crimson Bat, short of Scorched Earth's advice on nukes ("Set the map alight") quite escapes me. Mercifully.

Alex.