Heresy!

From: Alex Ferguson <alex_at_dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 95 23:27:57 GMT

Klaus Ole Kristiansen writes stonkingly on the heresy of dualism. Very good indeed. I particularly liked how the point of reference was left entirely implicit.

>> I suppose most Openhandists would consider Isolationists (= "orthodox"
> mostali) not so much heretics as a bit stuck up.

I suspect they do, if only on the Ya Boo Sucks To You principle. "Heterodox Openheaded fiend!" "Heresiarch Sad Lonely Bastard!"

> Octamonists on
> the other hand would consider the orthodox mostali Openhandists.

I suppose this is more-or-less true, but they may distinguish between the two, calling the one Militarists, and the others Collaborators, or something altogether unprintable.

Most other interactions would seem to be basically conditioned by the Active party's own strangeness. After all, if you're a Veggie, _everyone_ else is a Dualist. One interesting case is Individualism and Openhandism; these seem to be somewhat compatible, but how do dwarves who are one, and not the other, regard each other? Openhanded non-Individualists are doubtless of a highly pragmatic bent (Expedientism?), while non-Openhandist Individualists may tend towards mysticism (a term of abuse in many an entity's vocabularly).

Pam C. reveals scandalously, that:
> >There are, however, intrepid wildlife biologists who venture into
> >the bush to collect semen from wild elephants.

> How do you do that?

Veeeeeeery carefully. I don't know, but I bet you could get blinded, defenestrated, and/or buried alive in Dara Happa for it.

> Is there anything on Riverjoin
> anywhere other than the short description in the Genertela box?

I suspect you mean anything Canon, but I did do a short piece on Riverjoin some time ago. I'll send you a copy if you're interested, and lack same.

Alex.