Castle Coast Church

From: Nick Brooke <100270.337_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 03 Mar 95 03:36:52 EST

Alex, in an obscurantist attempt to foil references, asks:

> Are you sure about the Beermats? Wouldn't they claim to be earlier?
> Though the Mandy Rice-Davis doctrine probably applies.

The church now followed on the Castle Coast claims to be that which used to be worshipped throughout the kingdom of Old Seshnela. They aren't singing out, "We're descended from God Learners!" from the rooftops, for understandable reasons, but if you look at which empire ran the kingdom and church of Old Seshnela throughout the Second Age...

But are they claiming to be descended from God Learners any more than the current Pope is claiming to be heir to the Borgias? History just happens; we have to live with it afterwards...

My posts overuse the ellipsis, I agree, but what can you do...?

> So, you reckon we can all add "675: Invisible God discovered" to our
> historical diaries? This may work, I don't know; I'll add it to the
> petard file, and see how deft your footwork proves in future.

I'd suggest "700: Invisible God discovered" as a working date. After all, that gives them 18 years' God Learning to prepare for Tanian's Victory. Does one generation's work between the start of the research project (the "Return to Rightness Movement") and its success seem too short? Too long?

Nick