rice, yaks, and pelorian weather

From: Harald Smith (617) 724-9843 <"Harald>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 1995 08:28:00 -0500 (EST)

       Minnesota is one of the coldest states in the US, but one of the
       primary sources of wild rice (admittedly different than regular rice,
       though I believe it also grows in marshy areas).

- Dave Pearton suggests 'Harald, how about adding a few yaks to
Imther!' I think I'll pass--goats, of course, are the prime mountain animal of Imther. However, I think you could find yaks either on the Hungry Plateau (unless driven out/destroyed by the invading beastriders) or more likely in the generally forgotten Grey Mountains which lie north of the Sweet Sea and west of Erigia.
- Sandy comments 'For what it's worth, Peloria has fine warm summers
that can be blazingly hot and are reasonably lengthy -- in essence, Peloria has a continental climate -- real hot in summer, real cold in winter. I agree. (And to indulge in a bit of RW analogies catering to the US audience) Erigia and Karasal are probably not unlike the Dakotas, Dara Happa like the Mississippi valley from Iowa to St Louis perhaps, and southern Peloria similar to east Texas/Arkansas/Tennessee with lots of violent thunderstorms that spring out of nowhere. Harald ------------------------------