DH on DH.

From: Alex Ferguson <alex_at_dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 95 19:03:47 GMT

Dennis Hoover is Suitably Impressed by:
> Another Alex Issue
> Wow! Alex does twice what no one else has done once.:-)

Just call me the Harmast Barefoot of the Digest. To be appropriately modest, though, I should note that Sandy and Joerg have both managed similar feats of Digest Domination (on general rambles/maunders, not just on stand-alone articles). However, it doesn't look quite so impressive without the ToC-spam, somehow.

> Unfortunately I don't have good sources handy for army
> sizes under the Imperium

_IR2_ could be handy here, assuming they get it right, and that you feel like counting up all the little 24-10, 20-10, and 16-10's in the scenario battalia. It doesn't ever get much bigger, apparently, than in the Second Triumviate Slap Each Other 'Round the Med period. This makes a perverse sort of sense, since even though the Empire gets much bigger, it doesn't have any more enemies to defend itself against. Fewer, if anything, having just squished and annexed them.

> the Republic is closer to the Lunar Empire in population.

Got any numbers, here?

> Perhaps Sunblock 800 would be a good idea.

I don't know if that's expressed in SPF or RPP, but it sounds like you have a big ozone hole there, in either case.

> The first reason is mythic. The solar pantheon has specific virtues the DH
> exhibit pretty well

Well, that's a surprise, isn't it? ;-) While the "solar pantheon" doesn't have only the DH chaps in it, it's pretty evidently set up from their point of view, rather than that of the Lodrilites. "Shut up you guys, you're Morally Inferior."

> The Dara Happans (Shargash in particular, I believe)
> invented the phalanx

Seems it was actually the Pelandans (or was it the Carmanians? I forget), fitting in with the "Greek" analogue. But I suspect that if they didn't have a similar sort of unit already, they stole it damn sharpish.

Alex.