Spirit stuff.

From: Alex Ferguson <alex_at_dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 95 19:12:15 GMT

Sandy summarises:
> The Orlanthi believe that their souls are recycled via
> reincarnation.

Hang abouts. They believe they go to one of a number of possible afterlives, presumably located somewhere on the Godplane. Are you saying that they then _later_ get reincarnated, in a personal sense, or just that their "spirit stuff" gets cosmicly churned around some, while they (their "personalities") live it up in Barntar's Hall, quaffing like a good 'un?

BTW, I just noticed that KoS itself provides an answer to my Orlanthi Hell question; Dead Air is listed as a Court of Silence exit, and sounds, indeed, like Sandy's "Hungry Trolls Ate my Brains!" afterlife. I'll be a good li'l Orlanthi, honest.

> But most Malkioni believe that (for instance) the pagan belief in
> reincarnation is just a mask for the awful truth of oblivion which
> faces all such after death.

Or that if their spirits go survive in some form (such as on the Godplane), then this is in any case the moral equivalent of Hell; enslaved by evil demons who suck your POW, just like they did when you were alive, only moreso.

> There are two (count 'em, two) sources for dinosaurs in
> Glorantha. FIRST: there are dinosaurs which descend from dragonewts
> [...] SECOND: there are actual real dinosaurs.

Are these really two sorts of dinosaur, or just two sorts of rationale for them? In the former event, which populations are which?

Alex.