Ah, yet more souls.

From: Alex Ferguson <alex_at_dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 95 19:17:05 GMT

Bo Rosen was wondering:
> if Malkioni may have a concept of humans having two souls or spirits.

I can see why you suggest this, Bo, but I don't think that any one person, with the possible exception of the odd (in more ways than one) barmy henotheist would believe in this. Malkioni would say that the soul was, as you define it, the Higher Soul. Magic points, sorcery, Vessels, etc, have nothing to do with this (although pagan magic can corrupt it). Most theists would disagree, and say that the true soul was the person's spirit, which sorcerers have foolishly voided themselves of in their misguided religion. So they'd (vaguely) agree that there are too distinct concepts here, but neither thinks of the other as a spiritually relevant concept.

> If a person dies after an unclean life, his soul does not go to
> Solace but is overpowered by the spirit and remains in the world,
> this is what happens to most pagans and all heretics and explains all
> those spirit entities around.

I think they'd say these were really just magical residues of the person's body, rather than a truly separate entity from either body or soul.

"Who is to say which of these people is correct? I am."

Alex.