Julianists.

From: Alex Ferguson <alex_at_dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 95 19:18:22 GMT

Mike Cule:
> My thoughts on the
> status of the Revalation to St Juliana are that she actually went out into the
> GodTime and found some Truth that allowed her to form her own political/
> religious system.

Malkioni wouldn't phrase it thusly, but the (pre New Idealist) Loskalmi, (forebears of just about the whole of Fronela's Malkioni, one presumes) are probably big enough God Learners and Hagiophiles that they do indeed Quest in a manner not totally different from Joe Theist. What pure-thinking, iconoclast Rokari do, to disgree for a moment, is anyone's guess. Probably they do some sort of HQing in their wizardly investigations, but would probably deny it had any Deep Theological Significance.

> What the Ultimate Truth of her beliefs are and how real they
> are with relation to the Invisible God/Creator is something that
> is totally unknowable.

Yah. So the question is, why come up with something so like the New Idealist church? It could be argued, perhaps, that the HQing of the NHI church of Loskalm and that of the Julianists had similar Revelatory experiences, doubtless they would claim contact with St. Hrestol himself. Whether it's plausible for this to happen depends on one's interpretation of how strictly "policed" the Ban is/was. Of course, there's always the Greater God Coincidence to fall back on.

> I didn't know about the original occupiers of the area I set her Kingdom in.
> (Alex, where did you get this from?)

G:G, book 2, page 20, under "Tastolar". (Yup, it's hard to look up a region with no name in an alphabetisised list...)

> I assumed that there were trolls in the area

Seems plausible, given its position betwixt Glacier and Black Forest. The odd one or several, at least. Good luck trying to convert them. "But we already _have_ a meritocratic religion; it's called, Eat the Weak." ;-)

Alex.