Formatting & Legibility

From: David Cheng <drcheng_at_stern.nyu.edu>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 95 21:56:37 EST

This is an appeal to everyone who uploads files to be posted on the Digest.

Please use carriage returns at the end of each 80-character line!

I've been noticing that the ends of sentences are getting truncated on some posts. We lose important info this way, and it's annoying to boot.

Some suggestions:
* If you compose your submissions on a word processor, consider using
  a monospace font where you can easily tell how close to 80 characters   per line you're approaching. You can then set the margins to stay within   that: 78 characters is even safer. When I do this (on MS Word - Mac),   I then save my file as "text with line breaks" before uploading. This   puts a hard return at the end of each line.

Thanks,
- -DC