Holy Writ

From: MOBTOTRM_at_vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 1995 21:10:13 +1100

G'day all,

Holy Writ

[Nick expounds upon the Malkioni Bible]

Bloody brilliant, Nick! Lotsa fertile ground to explore here. An idea for a future HtWwO would be for another committee to be working on codifying the Bible (like Herbert's OC Bible), and have some particularly knotty passages of text for the members to fight about - come to think of it, this kinda happened in the Tapping Sub-committee, with the variousd interpretations of 'thou shalt not ruin what thou loves'.

>To me, this is far more interesting than having "One True Book" which has
>existed, unchanged and without additions, ever since Godtime: it leads to more
>enjoyable situations both in our gaming and in our exploration of Glorantha,
and
>is not seriously incompatible (on other than a Joerg-ish pernickety
>database-punching level) with what's been published about any Malkioni sect.

Right on! Of course, each faction will claim that there's is the "One True Book"and could even go as far as claiming that there's is immutable since the Godtime too - any "changes" made are based on mystical insights, and any amendments are simply making the book even more immutable.

(Shit, I just realised I used the wrong "there's" a few lines back - utterly inexcusable for an elementary teacher, but then, so's saying "Shit", dammit!)

Well, I must go off and write "theirs" and "I must not say 'shit'" 150 times,

Cheers

MOB