Third Eye Blues

From: Nick Brooke <100270.337_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 07 Mar 95 19:27:23 EST

Eric Rowe writes:

> While there most likely were some members of the Third Eye Blue in
> Tarnwall, they never have and never will be a Kingdom. Today they
> are what they always were, a wandering cult of smiths who vilely
> stole the secrets of metal from the Mostali.

In the September '82 "Mostal Special" issue of Different Worlds, Greg wrote (as part of his reasons for Disliking Mostali) that:

: The Third Eye Blue people were once rulers of Fronela (so they say),
: but were overthrown by dwarf-supported humans who resented the theft
: of iron-working secrets by the Third Eye Blue Founder hero in a
: previous age.

So, if the 3EB people claim to have ruled Fronela, what's your source for claiming they didn't? Or didn't Yuko know his people's proud traditions?

Big Mike Cule writes:

> So the Sedalpists == the Castle Coasters?

Nope. The Castle Coasters are the church of Old Seshnela in exile: you'll find some details about them in the "Genertela Book" chapter on Seshnela. The Sedalpists are a peculiar sect indigenous to Umathela, a land of the Great Southern Continent of Pamaltela. They don't like hurting people... but they only consider humans to be "people" (in a Malkioni sense). Great elf-killers, troll-killers, etc.

You can find my Castle Coast sect write-up on the Digest V1 #131: it was called "Old Seshnelan Chivalry". I'll have a chat with David Hall about releasing his write-up of the Sedalpist Church here some day soon.

There'll be a whole load of new info. about various sorts of Malkioni in Tales #13, our "Go West!" special, which is lurching towards the finish line even as I write...

Nick