Third Eye Blue and Sedalpists.

From: Peter Metcalfe, CAPE Canty <CHEN190_at_cantva.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 1995 14:01:32 +1300

Eric Rowe:

I wrote:

>>IMO, Sog City was founded to handle the Trade with the Third Eye Blue
>>Kingdom at Tarnswall. Cheap Metals or at least until the Decamony got in

To which Eric replies

>I'd rule that one out. While there most likely were some members of the
>Third Eye Blue in Tarnwall, they never have and never will be a Kingdom.
>Today thay are what they always were, a wandering cult of smiths who
>viley stole the secrets of metal from the Mostali.

hmm? You have to cites facts to refute me. If they always were a wandering cult of smiths, how on earth did they ultilize metal working when they discovered it? Quite clearly they must have been a sedentary culture originally.

From the Dwarf special of Different Worlds in which it is said that the Third Eye Blue claim to have ruled all of fronela until their kingdom was cast down by the Dwarves (ie Nidan Decamony). The Third Eye Blue came from the uplands near Tastolar (which is under the Ban). Given that they were found in Fronela during the time of Daxdarius of Pelanda (who was before the Dawn), it seems that their kingdom was destroyed by the Nidan Decamony sometime before this.

I'm not saying that they must have ruled all of Fronela, just dominated the lower Janube Basin with various cities. IMO, Tarnwall is the oldest city because it was the first Third Eye Blue Settlement to have walls.

And 'viley stole the secrets of metal from the Mostali'? Please, no Decamonist propoganda in here..

Mike Cule:

>And onto another matter. So the Sedalpists == the Castle Coasters?
>Where can I find more details of their culture? In a back issue of the
>Digest?

hmm? The Sedalpists are mainly found in the Umatheala. Their most notice - -able matter of doctrine is that they are forbidden to kill a fellow human being (and unlike most Malkioni Sects they really mean it!). A large minority also tend towards vegetarianism.

When fighting against fellow humans, ie the Ompalami Overlords of Fonrit and some barbarian raiders, they hire mercenaries who have no qualms about spilling the blood of a fellow human being. (The Sedalpists are friendly with the Vadeli as the later placed them in power when the Oceans Opened). The Sedalpists have no worries about spilling the blood of Krjalki (like Aldryami, Uz and Malasp) and have developed several spells (like Poison Troll, Wither Elfbow and Smite [nonhuman]).

The Castle Coast was posted up by Nick B. here recently but I forget the digest number. I don't think the Sedalpists go into the Castle Coast Knights stuff (ie the standard four castes) and the Castle Coasts certainly don't exhibit angst about spilling the blood of Tanisorians who are human the last time I heard.