Humakti

From: JARDINE_at_RMCS.CRANFIELD.AC.UK
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 95 11:35 BST

WRT Troll on gay humakti outlaw hippos.
  1. I see no reason why some humakti are not gay. It has some advantages in that it helps to bond the temple together (shield mates, sword brothers). It also has mythological advantages in that homosexuality is not connected with the fertility rune (which is the counterpart/complement to the Death rune).
  2. In Sartar I see Humakti as being cut off from their family, BUT NOT being outlaws! The Truth rune stands for something. However, in defence of your ideas I agree that a Humakti's original family is not responsible for his or (unusually) her actions as they sever their relations with their family as part of their initiation. Thus their family need not pay (or be paid) weregeld,also their family are not subject to blood feud for the Humakti's actions. HOWEVER, the humakti's new family, THE TEMPLE & CULT, are!

Cheers

        Lewis