Various stuff

From: Peter Metcalfe, CAPE Canty <CHEN190_at_cantva.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 10:10:14 +1300

Hopefully I can prevent another Alex special...;-)

Nick Brooke:

>Menena's mother is not named in my sources, but she is said to be blue
>-skinned!).

No wonder the Brithini don't trust their women. They're descended from the Blue Vadeli...

Eric Rowe:

Peter writes...

>>It also gregs a lot of other things as well, Zero Wane Chronicles (where
>>Syranthir *introduces* the Third Eye Blue into Peloria) and the Fronela
>>Writeup in G:CotHW.

>I wouldn't get to hung up on this.

Gregged Documents still have to have some truth in them. After KoS gregs a major thesis of Sun County but that doesn't make the Counts claims to have ruled since the time of Pavis complete bollocks.

>The Tastolar mention in Fronela
>could still be correct, their people may have arisen there. But, they
>were not Third Eye Blue until later.

Oh? Any idea when? <pen poised over notebook>

>Syranthir may bring some along with him, but
>General Daxdaruis from Pelandre(the reason Wendaria became Pelanda)
>was supplied arms from Third Eye Blue cultists. This was whole ages
>before Syranthir. Look in the Elmexdros Roll text for this
>reference.(Fortunate Succession)

I said into Peloria, meaning non-Pelandan Peloria. My mistake. My impression now is that Syranthir made the 3rd Eye into some sort of government supported position, ie making the supply of armour into a state function instead of every man having to provide his own.

>>So the Third Eye Blue speaks a language similar to Dara Happan (1/10th
>>skill say)?

>I would think not. Whether their language is native to Tastolar with
>Wendarian influence, or proto-Wendarian, it has no connection to DH.

The Pelandans do speak a language similar to Dara Happa. My guess is that the whole region of Peloria got it from the Square headed Folk.

Eric G. Scharf:

>To my (petit) knowledge, Humakt never took a wife.
>Second, procreation is a function of the Life/Fertility rune, not a
>particularly mythic strength of Humakt. Again, as far as I know, Humakt
>has never fathered a child.

Arkat Humaktsson.