Gay warriors

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 10:49:44 +0800

>1) I see no reason why some humakti are not gay. It has some advantages in
>that it helps to bond the temple together (shield mates, sword brothers).
>It also has mythological advantages in that homosexuality is not connected
>with the fertility rune (which is the counterpart/complement to the Death
>rune).

    I think that homosexuality is quite common among the Babeester Gor, for much these reasons. The bonding is advantageous to make a fanatic group of warriors, the denial of fertility is quite explicit within the Babestor Gor religion, and in addition they have very few men around anyway.

    Among the Humakti I think it is certainly possible, but I don't think that it is anywhere institutionalised like it is among some BG groups.

        Cheers
                David