Humakti procreation

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_sartar.toppoint.de>
Date: Thu Mar 20 10:05:19 1997

All this stuff of how Humakti don't marry and get kids seems a bit nuts to me - at least one famous band of Humakti (the Temple of the Wooden Sword) had a married couple of Swords (well, it was RQ2, a priest and a Lord-Priestess) who got a child when the Sazdorf temple nearly was overrun by Zorak Zorani. I suppose it'll be in Wyrms Footnotes, due any day now - right, Reaching Moon Megacorps?

Anyway, to my knowledge there were even Humakti tribal chieftains in Sartar, like Sarostip Coldeye of the Malani tribe. Even if they severed their kin ties at initiation, apparently they could gain new (or old) ones afterwards.

Some people even have hereditary Humakti clans in their campaigns, clans which provide most of the tribal king's housecarls.

So, at least some Humakti in Sartar are fully functional Orlanthi, in quite a lot of campaigns, and a lot of personal versions of Glorantha. With regard to MGF, these still should be allowed, but other areas might well persecute unaligned Humakti like they persecute unaligned Eurmali (unaligned: unpledged to any tribal king or chieftain). The Yelmalio-controlled (sic) Alda-chur region comes to mind...