Ex-lurker emergant

From: richardc_at_sypte.co.uk
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 13:14:18 +0100

Hi all! Another sometime lurker emerges blinking into the full light of=20 the Digest and hesitantly hazards a comment.... Actually I was about to suggest that it would be interesting to explore=20 Humakt's position in society when Greybeard's comment provoked an avalanche=
=20

of views. The idea of kin severing seems appropriate to Storm Bulls=20 (Praxian and Sartarite) too. IMO they (the Bulls) are too busy hanging=20 around in drunken, macho gangs headbutting rocks to prove how tough they ar= e=20
to be much use on the farm or riding the herds. It would be nice to see an Orlanthi "What my father told me" which includes=
=20

daddy's attitudes to Uncle Sven who went off to join the Death Cult." ....and another thing....
Can I make a plea in defence of the "Malkioni as Christians" option. I am=
=20

just finishing up a campaign in which all of the characters are Westerners.=
=20

 Two of the players are completely new to role-playing and one has played R= Q=20
once about 10 years ago. Being able to say at the outset that the=20 Malkioni church is like a very dissent-riven version of the medieval=20 christian church but with sorcerors as priests, allowed me to get the=20 neophytes up and running before they had to deal with the complexities of=20 Safelstran politics.
The subconcious associations with The Name of the Rose, Brother Cadfael,=20 Friar Tuck, and others are valuable in getting the players imaginations=20 started. I think it's easy for those of us who have been exploring=20 Glorantha for years to forget how intimidating it can seem at first. OK that'll do for first time. <Shuffles back into shadows.....>
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Richard Crawley