Re: MAUNDERINGS

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idpentium.idsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 95 09:28:41 -0600

David Dunham
>Where is this Laskal place referred to in the Malia writeup in Lords
>of Terror? There's a Forest of Disease there.

        It is in Pamaltela. Laskal is the big stretch of coastland between Kimos and Fonrit. It has mixed rain forest with some open areas, some sluggish rivers. The people that live there are mostly half-civilized jungle tribesmen, who have recently built towns and are trying to learn to be like a "real" city-state. Think Slave-Trade era Ghana, frex. There are also some towns founded by refugees from Fonrit -- these refugees are as often political as escaped slaves.

        Further south are (to the east) the Mari Mountains and (to the west) some good agricultural land.

>And I can't agree that the Mostali are not part of the Man Rune. But
>there's an easy way to test this: if the Healing spell is halved
>when you cast it on a Mostali then you're dealing with someone of a
>different Rune.

>>Really? The spell is halved on different species, not different
>>runes. As we play it, a human's Heal spell on a troll is of half
>>effectiveness, just as it is on her horse.

        This is also how we play it.

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #214