Re: maunderings

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idpentium.idsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 95 15:11:11 -0600

Dave Cake describes a Babeester Gor myth in which she attains Death by grabbing it off Zorak Zoran's axe while still in the womb.

>I dislike this version, because in this version Babs got her death
>powers from ZZ, which hardly seems write for the premier Earth death
>deity to have got her powers second hand from a Darkness guy.

        I don't accept this version either. I think she did not obtain death until she added the "Gor" fragment to her name, which occurred after her birth.

Erik
>Any suggestion what the [Humakti] Gift commonly is for those who
>forswear the joy of a wife and children?

        Nope. You?

I said:: Your list has a few errors.

>Drat. I must go back to KoS (from where I got the lot) and check

        If you got your list from KoS all bets are off. Goddess only knows what _that_ claims nowadays.

I say: Orlanth got Humakt to lend him the sword Erik: >And I was so sure of that part! Darn again, since I liked it!
>It makes for such drama.

        Your drama was so amusing I weakened. But it still has the one remaining feature that Humakt has already cut off his kinship, which I don't think happens until after Orlanth steals the sword and offends Humakt.