Humakt's severing. Old Malkioni

From: Mike Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 11:51:15 GMT

Sandy wrote apropos of something earlier:

> Your drama was so amusing I weakened. But it still has the
> one remaining feature that Humakt has already cut off his kinship,
> which I don't think happens until after Orlanth steals the sword and
> offends Humakt.

Actually the Orlanthi myth in KoS says that Humakt cut himself off from his kin to save them the dishonour of the terrible things he would have to do as the Lord of Death. It was the Humakti myth that said he did it in response to the dishonour he felt at Orlanth's slaying of the Sun. I know which god's word I'd rather believe.

Enjoyed the Deed of Windbreaker by the way, Alison.

Alex Ferguson wrote:
> It's almost a pity that there aren't any surviving Old Malkioni left
> (to stir things up (even more) at Councils, etc), as evidence of this
> second oldest schism. But doubtless the complaints would start rolling
> in about Bogus Hebraic Analogies.

I've been sort of assuming (perhaps I've already been Gregged) that the inhabitants of God Forgot in general and Refuge in particular fall under this category. They would be (to judge by the name of the place) not Brithini (who credit no god at all) but followers of Malkion who found themselves cut off from the main stream of Western culture after the Dawn. They struggle to follow the Law in an attempt to acheive Immortality but are mostly pathetically mortal. They believe Malkion failed them and don't know of or credit his assumption into Solace after the I-Fought-We-Won.