Old Malkioni

From: Peter Metcalfe, CAPE Canty <CHEN190_at_cantva.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 21:37:32 +1300

Kevin Rose:

>Hmm, what about the Arolanit Brithini? Aren't the senior Wizards and
>Talars (at least) from before the Dawn? But they are perhaps not quite
>what you meant by "Old Malkioni?"

Strictly speaking they're die-hard Brithini (Yes, Nick, I know, 'die hard' is redundant in describing Brithini) who believe that the prophet Malkion went Mad during the Great Darkness when he started blabbing about this 'Solace'. However I feel that after Zzabur the Nice Guy gave them the B.F.O by departing the Mundane World for Better Place without them, some of them are starting to reassess whether what the Big Z. said about Malkioni's madness was actually true. Although they're somewhat new to Malkion's relevation, they would be the closest to the original practice of Malkionism.

These guys would be believers in the Solace of the Body but would reject the idea that Hrestol was a prophet. Tensions in Arolanit must be getting frosty, i'd imagine.