Thanks and more

From: Takehiro OHYA <KFC01067_at_niftyserve.or.jp>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 1995 12:27:00 +0900

Takehiro OHYA here.

Thank you very much who replied to my question.

Sandy Petersen:
>>The point is, whether the subject of spell is necessary or not.
> By "subject" apparently Takehiro means the caster.

Yes.

> "Impale" the spell? This I don't get. If what you mean is
>what is the chance of the spell overcoming defensive magic, it is
>based on the magic being cast by the spell. In your 5-pt Venom
>example, there woudl be a 5-pt Sorcery spell striking defensive
>magic, unless your Trigger condition gave a Boosting ratio.

Sorry for my improper expression. What I mean was exactly the same as what you thought. BTW, I regard your solution as prefarable one, but may I ask you how to deal with the difference between your answer (use 'the point of the spell') and what I could find in the rulebook, "The magical strength of an area-effect attack is equal to the total number of POW points used to enchant the area." Of cource this rule is applied originally only to "Area-Effect Conditions," but is there any reason to treat it and "Attack Conditions" differently? Or the word "The magical strength" stands for anything but the chance of the spell overcoming defensive magic?

Cheers,

Takehiro OHYA _at_ College of Arts and Sciences The Univ. of Tokyo

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #219