Orlanthi Season Holy Days/Riskland

From: mal_at_ids.net
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 1995 17:14:37 -0500

Digesters...

I've been preparing to run the Riskland Campaign from Dorastor: Land of Doom. I really like the way that it is broken down into one adventure per season with
various activities listed for the season. Most of these activities, however, are
secular in nature. What I feel I need to round things out is an idea of what myths/stories are celebrated or stressed at each seasonal holy day.

From the Orlanth write up in RoC I know that the Storm Season holy day features a
celebration of the Birth of Orlanth. I also know that during the Sacred Time an
enactment of the Lightbringers Quest would be appropriate.

That leaves four seasons for which I have no thematic holy days figured out. Important mythic events that might be celebrated are the Courtship/Marriage of Orlantha
and Ernalda, and the Contests between Orlanth and Yelm ending with the Death of Yelm.

Other to my mind possible candidates for holy day commemoration might be the First Ring,
the First Hospitality, and the Initiation of Orlanth.

I'd like to hear opinions on what events you think are celebrated at each seasonal
holy day.

Other things I'm questioning...

What is the Social Status/Clan Membership Status of the Argan Argar shriners, and the
Seven Mothers Shrine staff. I'd guess that they are Foreigners, but under "Clan Dependents"
is listed Scuttlebutt who "avoided expulsion by joining the Seven Mothers". This implies
that Scuttlebutt remained a member of the Clan by joining th 7M. If this is the case the
7M staff should (I think) be considered clan members, and if they are what is their status.

What about the Uroxi Mad Dog Templars? Are they members of the clan? What would their
status be if they are? (I'd guess that they are members of the clan with the Khan
classed as Steadholder, and his men classed as Steadmen.)

Thats all for now. I'm anxious to hear everyone's opinions.

Thanks

Mal