Requirement for Immortality

From: Mike Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 15:24:52 GMT

The standard RQ3 Immortality spell seems to indicate that there are various versions of the Immortality spell all of which require some sort of sacrifice, abstinence or ritual. I've always assumed that the Rokari wizard's Immortality spell required total celibacy. (And after correspondence with Greg, we seemed to agree that this was available to and the celibacy was required only of full priests. The rest of the Wizard caste was permitted normal marriage. Otherwise there wouldn't be any little Wizards.)

But I don't think this can possibly apply to the Hrestoli and it seems to me it would add colour if each heresy of the Invisible God had a different version of the Immortality spell. Any suggestions?

Actor and Genius.
AKA Theophilus, Prince-Archbishop of the Far Isles (Arms: Purpure, an open book proper. On the dexter page the letter Alpha or. On the sinister page the letter Omega of the same.) Ask me about the Far Isles Medieval Society: Better living through pan-medieval anachronisms.