My RuneQuest Game

From: Tom Zunder <Zunder_at_nochet.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 1995 16:28:39 GMT

I am pleased to say I have a RQ game up and running here at last. I recruited two people in their late twenties, two 17 year olds and Michael.
With King of Sartar and the stuff on Sartar published in RQA, Snakepipe Hollow and Apple Lane I have put together a tarshite clan living in the Chalk Man Valley just East of AldaChur. They are orlanthi but also worship the Chalk Man, a spirit god carved into the hillside. The two 17 year olds have failed to attend so far but even with three plyers we had a great time to date. One of the players, a real Gloranth hack, is playing the shaman of the Chalk Man cult. I have never had to concentrate so hard on the sheer power of a shaman, even a newly created one with limited power. I am enjoying it greatly, balancing the need to offer spiritual challenge whilst preventing his character overshadowing the two other young Orlanthi carls. I have achieved this so far, many NPCs have Spirit Block, and one of their encounters was with a lamia and an entourage of ex-lovers, who were zombies. Lovely fact about zombies, no souls!
So far all I have done is a little trip escorting the local mercahnt to trade with the Mostali in Dwarf Run, bumping into some clan enemies enroute and the aforementioned lamia. In future I shall be running stuff from Trollpak (just 3 days north), Snakepipe Hollow, and many of the published scenarios from RQ Adventures. I also will run a few of the advnetures from the Vikings pack. I have started the game in 1599 ST so as to develop the characters against a backdrop of the Lunar invasions of Sartar, the fall of Boldhome etc etc. I am very excited by the possibilities this gives me. The shaman player is, as I said a real Gloranthaphile, but very responsible. He serves a perfect role, playing the PC with the limits of knowledge he should have, but still being able to offer the wisdom that a shaman should have.
I am very optimistic about this all. Anyone got any groovy little sub plots, NPCs, ideas or cameos I can weave in? - --
Tom Zunder

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #225