carmania

From: Harald Smith (617) 724-9843 <"Harald>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 1995 15:56:00 -0500 (EST)

  -Paul Honigman presents several pieces on Carmania and his campaign

> Has anyone else encountered problems with the Imperial Beaurocracy?

  During a recent and major earthquake at the Central Mines in Imther, the   Lunars 'aided' the royal relief effort (the King's copper extracts were   endangered after all--the extracts that he uses to pay off the Lunar   Provincial Gov't). The characters were all assigned to an appropriate   relief sector from which they pursued their tasks. Of course, there   were a few minor problems such as when they were directed to bring   woolen blankets to a nearby village and discovered the villagers had   more blankets than they knew what to do with (the Lunar officials can be   very efficient, after all), though the villagers had no food to speak   of. Later the characters got their official Mine Entry Forms only to   discover at the entrance that the scribes had misnamed at least one   person and that character's relief identification form did not match the   Mine Entry Form. Not that it mattered at that point since there had   been an aftershock and the Mine Entry Forms were not valid without an   additional Clearance Form. The whole effort placed an extremely heavy   burden on the already overworked scribes.

> the Carmanian college

  The two Carmanian sorcerors in my campaign are both part of the Order of   the Golden Web, a splinter group from the larger College of the Web of   Life. The Golden Web is currently out of favor (i.e. driven out or   underground) for dabbling in experimental magics (short-term preset   spell enchantments called 'webs' that have a duration around a week, but   have a tendency to decay and then unleash a magical backlash).

> Peter Metcalfe posted an article on "What comes out of Charg" which I
  never saw, but sounds very interesting from others' comments.

  Besides being one of the most amusing pieces I've seen on the Daily, the   horrors which Peter unleashed were far worse than anything out of   Dorastor.

  Harald

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #226