Armour?

From: Nick Eden <pheasant_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 95 12:01 BST-1

> Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idpentium.idsoftware.com>
> >Armour that takes months of blacksmithing to make (or many man
> >years) is a historical rarity
> It's the norm. What armor _doesn't_ take an enormous long
> time to make? Chainmail? (Chainmail doesn't take that much skill, but
> it takes lots of toil.) Lamellar? Plate?
>

> >the ready availability of the repair spell, which increases
> >equipment longevity
> IMO, Repair doesn't increase your total weight of metal. And
> the medieval ironworkers didn't throw away old stuff. So the total
> amount of metal isn't increased by Repair.

This is of course true for real cultures, and the Theist cultures of central Genertela, but I assume that the furthur west you get the faster people can produce the stuff.

Assuming a redsmith with Form/Set Bronze at a decent level it shouldn't be that hard to whip up a suit of armour in a couple of weeks if he's got the supply of bronze. The choke point becomes the source of raw materials instead of the labour.

End of Glorantha Digest V1 #230