Couple of Things...

From: Peter Metcalfe, CAPE Canty <CHEN190_at_cantva.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 1995 23:54:48 +1300

Klaus O K:

Complains about the lack of Malkioni stat regain.

>Is there a Deezola writeup anywhere? I assume she has Restore INT.

Don't think so but St. Xemela has the Saintly blessing of curing some stat damage. Of course it's slightly empathic. I don't know where it's stored

Simon Hibbs:

Klaus had written:

>>How about sorcerous stat repair? If it is impossible, Malkionism is
>>manifestly inferior to other religions.

>That depends on whether you see Malkionism as fundamentaly a religion
>or a philosophy. I have been puzzling over that one for a while.

>Note that Sorcerous magic is not realy capable of making permanent
>changes. Enchantments are the only exception I can think of.

Except of course in the case of a highly smother or a venom spell in which the victim is dead after the spell and stays dead. Besides Rune Spells also have this limitation not effecting a permanent change unless they are enchantments or are one-use.

>Rune magic, on the other hand, directly manipulates reality at a
>fundamental level, because it is keyed in to the basic natural
>processes of Glorantha - the runes themselves.

Actually I prefer the term divine magic. The Runes are something beyond the ability of a Priest to amnipulate methinks.

Nick:

>BTW, I lurch between "magus/magi" and "magian/magians" when writing about these
>fellows: anyone got any preferences?

I prefer magian/magi :)